Because of the Corona epidemic, the world has come to a halt and everything has come to a standstill. Nearly two months ago, the virus spread from the city of Wuhan in China and has killed more than 6000 people worldwide and affected more than 1.5 lakh people. Its worth mentioning that Coronavirus was discovered in 1969 but it didn’t have much effect in the world until 2019.
Due to virus scare, life as well as the economy and sports have been affected. Several sports tournaments have been canceled and many have been postponed worldwide. Let’s take a look at them-
- The Brazilian Football Federation has banned all its national competitions.
- Football club Paris Saint Germain has also decided to ban all its sporting events.
- London Boxing Qualifier will be contested without the audience
- National Basketball Association(NBA) has extended the season ban till 10th May.
- Italy, the worst affected by Corona, has ordered a ban on all its sporting events.
- It has been decided to contest Australia-New Zealand A League without spectators.
- The Mexican Football League has banned first and second leg games on Sunday with immediate effect.
- New Zealand’s Plunket Shield trophy has been canceled and the top team Wellington Firebirds have been declared winners in the tournament.
- Pakistan and Bangladesh have also decided to postpone their upcoming ODIs and Test matches.
- Hockey India defended the junior and sub-junior level national championships.