Indian captain Virat Kohli has featured in the list of Forbes’ World’s highest-paid athletes at the 100th spot with an estimated earnings of USD 25 million. The Indian captain has earned USD 21 million from endorsements and USD 4 million from match fees and salary.
The ace cricketer featured at 83rd position last year but he has dropped 17 places this time despite the increase in his income.
Argentine football legend and Barcelona striker Lionel Messi is world’s highest paid athlete with an estimated earning amount of USD 27 million. He is followed by Portugal football star Ronaldo, Brazil footballer Neymar, boxer Canelo Alvarez and tennis legend Roger Federer.
NFL star Russell Wilson takes the number six spot followed by Aaron Rodgers from the same sport category. Basketball legend LeBron James takes the number eight spot followed by Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant.
Tennis star Serena Williams is the only women’s athlete to feature in the list this year. The multi times grand slam champion takes the 63rd spot with an estimated earnings of USD 29.2 million.
Here is the top 10
- Lionel Messi (football)— $US127 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo (football) — $US109 million
- Neymar (football) — $US105 million
- Canelo Alvarez (boxing) — $US94 million
- Roger Federer (tennis) — $US93.4 million
- Russell Wilson (NFL) — $US89.5 million
- Aaron Rodgers (NFL) — $US89.3 million
- LeBron James (NBA) — $US89 million
- Stephen Curry (NBA) — $US79.8 million
- Kevin Durant (NBA) — $US65.4 million